My name is Lori. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I used food for everything, whether I was happy or sad. My dad was diagnosed with diabetes, he was diagnosed in February 2003 and died the following September.
That’s where the journey begins for me. I struggled, for years trying to come up with what was right for me. I decided on gastric sleeve surgery and had it done September 2015, on the anniversary of my father’s death.
I am never going to go back to 265 pounds!
So this is what I say to all of you beautiful women who need a jumpstart off the couch:
1) Find a workout buddy (there has to be someone, even if it is your dog, cat, child, grandchild)
2) DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP. There is no shame in needing help, especially when it’s your health at stake!
3) Try different things: Boxing is the MOST fun and it is an amazing stress reliever.
4) No one is going to force you to exercise, you have to dig deep with in yourself. When I started at Orange Theory, I could barely walk on their treads, now I am a confident jogger six months in.
5) Social Media can actually be used as a positive thing. There are so many support groups on FB/Instagram/Twitter. Seek them out for healthy eating tips and AT HOME workouts if you can’t get to a gym for whatever reason!
Community is key! Curtis at Powerhouse Athletics came back into my life and I discovered Orange Theory Fitness. The combination of Curtis’ constant motivation and support combined with the workout at Orange Theory, I found a new love of life.
CELEBRATE YOUR JOURNEY: I cannot begin to tell you how this photo shoot inspired me. I never went to a prom, never have I been married. I have never had the fuss be all about me. To have the attention focused on me was so weird, but let me tell you it was the MOST fun I have ever, ever had! Not only did they make me feel confident, they made me feel beautiful. You have to do this photo shoot, FOR YOU! I am just a girl that found some motivation, a fantastic support system within friends to whom I am eternally grateful and cannot begin to thank them all, I will just say the truest support system will forever be my family. According to the medical charts, I could lose more weight. Where I am right now, I have never been happier with the goals I have met. Having this photo shoot has helped me realize that I want to help people who are in the same boat as me! Just a regular girl, trying to get healthy!! If I can do it, so can you! Thank you so much Amber (and Rachel) for everything you have done for me! You have truly inspired me with your kindness. What you are doing for women is amazing and I am honored to have been a part of this transformation photo shoot. Seeing it in pictures really puts into perspective how far I have come in a short amount of time!!
Information on how you can celebrate your journey is right here: GET THE INFO!